Saturday 19 February 2011

Titles slow me down ¬¬

Hey Readers,

I've got a whole heap of things I haven't posted. Like a humongous pile in my head labelled things to blog. And as new things get added to the pile; old ones disappear so before I forget I wanted to do a quick post on a protective style that I loved.

this is it after a week
on the way to buy shea butter with Fi
i was like i left my camera in Reading
can you take a picture of my hair?
i love that she didnt question me
<3
I remember seeing this video agess and thinking pshh I could never do that! My THICK head of hair? What a joke, especially because her hair texture is sooo different to mine, but when I was travelling to Reading I needed something that would tuck my hair away. The idea of my strands rubbing on the back of train seats is enough to keep me awake at night. The video came to mind, I tried it and it worked! It took patience- don't get me wrong, I think that's the longest its ever taken me to do a french braid, but then the time is justified by the amount of hair I had to pack in.
So yeah, sectioned off my usual pomp (the pomp she does is different), french braided, secured with bobby pins (my best friend) and hey presto! I had the laziest hair week ever, like for real. Travelling was a breeze, sleeping somewhere without my arsenal of hair stuffs was also a breeze. At night I just donned a satin scarf and in the mornings I redid the pomp if it needed reviving.

I ended up keeping this in for a week, I could've kept it in for longer but I wanted to wash my hair.
Hmm.. I really should do that style again.



For those of you who were wondering, these pics were taken on the same day as the famous 99p coconut oil episode lol, Fi and I had just conquered Mare Street and were en route to Homerton High Street to hunt down some Shea butter. Those of you who weren't wondering need to read this blog more *grin* lol.


you can see the braid abit better here
next time i do it ima try and get in more uniform
alright for a first try though

As always, I hope this post finds you well
Rels




No comments:

Post a Comment